Coffee, cigarettes, a girl to love, and poetry is all I need.
I don’t know what lottery I played
For such an angel to enter my life
But we’ve rolled dice on this
It’s come up in our favor
Every time I see her eyes of love
Looming up to skyscraper heights
I fall down to the death of my fears
Screaming her name the whole way
1) “Anybody watch 30 rock?” “Yeahhh” “That’s the building.” (completely monotone and void of charisma)
2) “I wanna tell you something, where are we?” “Top of the rock” “Nope. We’re at the bottom.” (crappy joke after visiting top of the Rockefeller center)
3) “Alright everyone, ok, um, never mind. Have fun.” (her on the bus microphone with, as expected, nothing interesting to say)
4) “I’ll hold up my map as best as I could.” (her using past and present tense simultaneously to explain how to look at a map)
5) “Manhattan is shaped like your tongue.” (no explanation required)
6) “You don’t need to drink all your stuff.” (just her not making any sense, again)
7) “Do you have paper and pencils?” “No.” “Then get off the bus.” (her trying to be funny? I guess?)
8) “Gas masks. Like a mask.” (still her just straight up not making sense)
9) “There’s Bernard, wave Bernard!” (not sure if she actually saw her friend Bernard or what. Still. She’s dumb)
10) “YES AND, and IT WAS, IT WAS so” (one of countless times her mic cut out/she didn’t complete a thought or sentence)
all I want to do is hold you
softly kiss the rose petals
where your lips should be
and whisper “I need you”
upon my hurried breath
tonight is about nothing
but our love anew
tomorrow is a lifetime away
Feels like I wrote this. Damn. Wish I did.
What’s this new word
That we’ve said
It makes hearts smile
All fears are dead
Your fingers caress
My hope swept mind
Don’t leave my side
Our hearts tightly bind
Push lips against mine
Kiss away all doubt
A new definition
Of this love I’ve now felt
Not to the outside, but the in.
Rocks of brown gems.
With a depth of oceans.
Lost is all one can get.
The road map, your soul.
Lashes beat heavy.
Wind fans fire to the heart’s hole.
Not a tear will ever run,
The race down the cheek to sadness.
Meet the pair they belong.
And fall into this blissful madness.
No cars drive
Three thirty am
Not a bird does fly
When silence fills the air
Stars light the blanket
Of your name filled sky
When you’re laughing
It’s as if
A thousand lights
Are in your eyes
It’s as if
You’ve never been happier
It’s as though
I get unfiltered happiness